Rants Corner
Follow
Sign Up for Our Newsletters

How To Overcome Low Self-Esteem: Get Rid of Self-Doubt & Anxiety

howtoimproveyourself-esteem-chatsandbanter

When it comes to our mental health, our self-esteem plays a big part in how we approach everything. In other words, the yardstick of our sense of self-worth and love determines the way we choose to function. From our jobs and relationships to our wellbeing and major life events, it matters.

However, a lot of people battle with self-esteem issues that come from a place of trauma from certain events. Whether its powerful hurtful words, or heinous acts of bullying or abuse in any form, there are a lot of factors that affect how we view ourselves, and it comes with long term effects. Low self-esteem can lead to depression and anxiety, to name a few mental health issues if it’s not combatted.

So if you’re struggling with your confidence at the moment, it’s perfectly okay. And we’ve got some tips to help.

Check out 5 ways to overcome low self-esteem…

1. Positive self-awareness

One thing about your self-esteem is that it has to do with how you see yourself and how you know yourself, literally. As such, practicing positive self awareness is challenging your thoughts by acknowledging qualities that you love about yourself. Write them down as reminders and read them to hype yourself up as much you can. Over time, you’ll begin to believe them and get more confident.

2. Recognize where you struggle with it

Basically, this involves pointing out the different areas of your life were your low-self esteem is dominant. Is it in certain relationships that you have with people (family or friends)? or certain environments (work, home, social events)? When you’re able to identify them, the next step is to think of what has to be done to take the power back from them.

From setting boundaries and reducing interactions to doing little things like dressing better, there are a lot of solutions to consider.

3. Know that comparison is a waste of time

Comparing yourself to other people thriving in spaces or with things that you want can affect your self-esteem. Firstly, what you need to know if you experience this is that it’s normal to want what other people want and feel strongly about it. However, what you do with that feeling is what determines a low or high self-esteem. If you want the latter, try getting inspired by those people to do more for yourself, rather than envying them and feeling lesser than.

4. Take care of yourself

It’s the little things that matter when it comes to your self-esteem, believe it or not. When you focus on details that concern you, you’ll find yourself on a path to self-love and taking care of yourself is at the core of this. With your appearance aesthetically or your physical and mental health, do things that make you feel good.

Need some ideas? Take a day off, go for a manicure/pedicure, hang out with your faves, got the spa, watch your favorite series, and eat good food.

5. Accept your imperfections

All those things that you fixate about yourself and think are not good enough or beautiful, accept that they are a part of you. Know that you’re not meant to be perfect and that growth is what matters. So accept your flaws, work on them if you can and embrace who you are as a person constantly evolving.

Read Similar Stuff…

Total
0
Shares