Rants Corner
Follow
Sign Up for Our Newsletters

My Boyfriend Called Me a Murderer

boyfriend-datinginlagos-chatsandbanter

Welcome! You’re reading #TBH, a series of dilemmas ranging from love, sex, money and all things sticky sent for candid advice.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I’ve always believed that people feel things and react differently but my boyfriend is hurting me, and i don’t know what to do.

The first time we had our major fight, he didn’t speak to me for a whole week and instead of apologising for what he had done, he just bought me a wrist watch. We had just started living together then, and I found packs of condoms in his office bag.

Another time, we got into an argument because he thought one of my clients wanted to sleep with me. I’m an events planner by the way, I organise proposals and birthday parties mostly. After paying for the birthday dinner this client booked me for, he sent me extra money to say thank you again which was what annoyed my boyfriend. He hit me at the time and gave me a scar on my face. He didn’t say sorry o, he just left the house for a few days and returned with my favourite flowers, food, ice-cream and clothes from one of my favourite designers. Before you judge me, I’m still in this relationship because I love him a lot. Sometimes I tell myself he’s a sweet person with bad communication skills and maybe our age difference is a factor too. He’s 35.

In February, I found out that I’m pregnant and when I told him , he was so happy. He said we would get married and build our lives together immediately. I don’t want to get married yet, I’m 24 and I still have a lot of things I want to do so I told him and he got angry again. He started saying hurtful things to me like he’s not sure the baby is his own, and called me a murderer because I don’t want to keep it.

I left his house after this, and then he showed up at my family house with food stuff after he had blocked me o, and not spoken to me for weeks. He came and told my mum he wants me to ask for my hand in marriage. Please how na? Somebody that hasn’t said anything to me since we fought. My mum is a single mother who raised us through a lot of f*ck&d up situations and warned us not to have babies out of wedlock so I didn’t tell her about the pregnancy at all, even when I had gotten rid of It.

I’m seriously getting depressed over the whole thing because she’s hearing marriage now and she’s happy. Why are men like this?

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts