Rants Corner
Follow
Sign Up for Our Newsletters

#TBH: My Boyfriend Gave Me An STD So I Got Him Fired

dating-in-lagos-chatsandbanter

Welcome! You’re reading #TBH, a series of dilemmas ranging from love, sex, money and all things sticky sent for candid advice.

Today’s entry seeks advice for a babe struggling with the way her boyfriend speaks.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

I’ve always believed that I was too fine, too kind, too cool and too much of an all round spec to get cheated on by anybody. But my boyfriend proved me wrong o and he almost killed me in the process.

He’s been acting weird and overly caring since Christmas last year when I fell ill and I didn’t think much of it at first because I thought the life threatening situation scared him so he was trying to be more sweet and loving. However, I met a nurse that treated me at the time recently at a supermarket and she told me something that scattered my head.

There I was looking for a can of sweet corn, and before I knew it I was told that my boyfriend of five years paid them at the hospital to lie that I was reacting to an antibiotic I took for malaria instead of the syphilis he gave me. I have another medical condition that made the whole experience worse and painful, which he’s very aware of.

“I overheard the other nurses talking about it at the time shortly before that doctor got fired because he does shady stuff like that, ” she said to me as she narrated it. Apparently, she doesn’t work there anymore and decided to open up to me because I look like her sister and she had a soft spot for me back then.

My boyfriend and I have lived together for three years now, we’ve talked about our goals and he knows how my medical condition gives me anxiety about if I’d have enough time to do all the things I want to do so the fact that he would hurt me like this stung very much.

I did some detective work and found out that he had been sleeping with his PA, and random babes he met at Ikoyi club cause he goes there to hang out with his friends. I was mad as hell! So I leaked a secret document from his law firm and made sure it was obvious that it got out from him and got him fired.

I broke up with him after that, and I don’t really feel guilty but this is the first time I’m telling anyone other than my besties this. They call it revenge, but some of you might call it wickedness.

Read More…

Total
0
Shares