Rants Corner
Follow
Sign Up for Our Newsletters

#TBH: I Love My Best Friend But She’s A Bit*h

friendship-chatsandbanter

Welcome! You’re reading #TBH, a series of dilemmas ranging from love, sex, money and all things sticky sent for candid advice.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

We’re like sisters with totally different personalities and we have a bond that goes as far back as JSS3. I was bullied a lot about my height back then, and she became a bully to bully my bullies…Lol. No one stood up for me the way she did.

I was young and miserable but with her, life was sweeter. We ended up going to Unilag together too and had each other’s backs through any gbas gbos that occurred. You know the type of friends you’d lie for in a heartbeat or inconvenience yourself to make comfortable? Yeah, that’s how it was with us.

But recently, I heard something that shattered me. One of our uni classmates got married and all our other friends and common foes were present. We were excited for this wedding and as usual, we got our makeup done together, took pictures and videos for our TikToks and Reels.

At the after party, I was there enjoying my shisha while my bestie was on the dance floor. I’m a bit of a shy babe so I just chilled with some other friends and watched her. One of the boys I had a fling with back in uni came up to me and was being flirty. I reciprocated it and was feeling cool until he asked me a weird question.

He leaned in and whispered in my ear…”how are you still close with someone that fu*k** your man?”.

I couldn’t make sense of what he was saying at first cause I was lit and the music was loud but then he said it again and I was like..”guy, what rubbish are you saying?”

That’s how he told me that my so-called bestie was sleeping with my boyfriend in second year, and he only knew about it cause he was my ex’s roommate at the time.

I didn’t believe him but my night was ruined. I started seeing red cause I loved this boy, I always gave him half of my allowance sef and my best friend knew how much of myself I gave to him.

After the party, we left for the hotel we had booked nearby cause it’d have been too late to go back to the mainland that night. I kept quiet until the morning when I confronted her. She didn’t even feel bad and called me childish for caring so much about something that happened two years ago.

She said it was just sex, and that she knew the relationship was just “university romance” that wasn’t going to be anything more. Is this not ment? How am I not supposed to be angry about my best friend for being the side chick that my ex was cheating on me with?

Am I overreacting and what should I do? Do my own back or just cut her off?

Do you have a similar dilemma to share? Send an email to tobehonestwithcnb@gmail.com to be featured on #tobehonestwithCnB

Total
0
Shares