Rants Corner
Follow
Sign Up for Our Newsletters

#TBH: I Don’t Want To Be A Thief Like My Dad

father-son-relationship-chatsandbanter

Welcome! You’re reading #TBH, a series of dilemmas ranging from love, sex, money and all things sticky sent for candid advice.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

I’ve always looked up to my dad, I respect him more than I respect anybody else. He raised me as a single dad since my mum died when I was 10 and we’ve grown to be best friends in a weird but beautiful way.

He’s hardworking and resilient, I’ve never seen him lose at anything or fail to get what he wants, even if it means failing several times. Growing up, he taught me everything I know. From how to cook a decent meal, how to play chess and even how to talk to the girls I liked, he was literally a big brother and father to me as an only child.

Don’t get me wrong, I missed my mum a lot over time, but the void her death left was filled with a lot of love from my dad.

To thank him for all of this and show him his efforts are not wasted, i’ve worked in his company since i graduated from the university as a finance administrator and i plan to take over his position as CFO to make him proud.

But recently, I realized that he isn’t the noble man he seemed to be all these years. I’ve been working as acting CFO in his place since he traveled abroad for a series of treatments and check ups cause he’s severely diabetic and to my surprise, my father has been laundering money with his best friend for years now, since i was a teenager.

Drugs and fraud! My own dad…like what the hell!

When I came across the trails, I took my time to process everything and confronted him when he got back. He didn’t even shake. He told me that he wanted me to find out on my own to prepare for what was coming.

Apparently, his best friend’s son who happens to be my very good friend has been in on it and we’re both supposed to take over from them.

I’ve only told this story to my wife and she’s convinced that I should do it, she said she’d leave me if I don’t. I’m heartbroken that she’s talking like this. She’s only concerned about staying rich her whole life, and she knows doing this means more money and security for our kids when we finally have them.

I don’t believe in coming to social media to ask for advice but I don’t have a lot of friends and I feel completely puzzled by this whole thing.

Me, money laundering? I’m not sure if I should decline the offer and cut all ties with my dad or just yield to his requests. He’s part of the people destroying this country, I don’t want to be a thief like him!

Do you have a similar dilemma to share? Send an email to tobehonestwithcnb@gmail.com to be featured on #TBH

Total
0
Shares