Rants Corner
Follow
Sign Up for Our Newsletters

#TBH: I Hate My Babe’s Male Best Friend

dating-best-friends-chatsandbanter

Welcome! You’re reading #TBH, a series of dilemmas ranging from love, sex, money and all things sticky sent for candid advice.

Today, our first entry is from Tayo, who’s convinced that there might be something shady going on between his girlfriend and her male best friend.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

It’s getting annoying. The other day I found her sitting on his lap at a house party because all the seats were taken. Don’t get me wrong, I believe that guys and girls can be best friends but there should be boundaries right?

My jealousy started the day he came to her house with sanitary pads and a gift box because she was on her period, and he thought it’ll be nice. Guy! She be your babe? Yes, they’ve been best friends since JSS1 in secondary school but we’re all in our final year of university now, and she has a man!

He acts as if he’s the only one in the world that knows her well and it makes me feel as if I can’t take care of my own girlfriend. I even asked her one day if anything had happened between them before. This babe looked at me, laughed and said “he’s just sweet on me cause he cares’ ‘. I do these things o, I even go overboard with thoughtful stuff that she likes…gifts, love notes, food, sometimes I even help her run errands for her mum when she’s busy…am I being played?

dating-in-lagos-chatsandbanter

On his last birthday, she posted him on her IG story and wrote…”My best friend and Soulmate” WTF?

Should I talk to her and make sure she sets some boundaries or should I break up with her?

Do you have a similar dilemma to share? Send an email to tobehonestwithcnb@gmail.com to be featured on #tobehonestwithCnB

Total
0
Shares