Rants Corner
Follow
Sign Up for Our Newsletters

#TBH: My Jealousy Is About To Break 12 Years of Brotherhood

malefriendships-jealousy-chatsandbanter

Welcome! You’re reading #TBH, a series of dilemmas ranging from love, sex, money and all things sticky sent for candid advice.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

T and I became Gs in SS1 and ended up going to the same university in the UK. We bonded over our love for Chelsea and were equally obsessed with Tech.

But what we’ve never had in common are muscles and a six-pack. T had girls following him around in secondary school for his fine face and tall stature, while I was just the chubby best friend.

Even now as adults, it’s still the same. We’ll go to South or a restaurant, and babes will be whispering “what’s your friend’s name” in my ear…like wtf! And he has a girlfriend o, but he still gets checked out everywhere we go.

To make things worse, he proposed to this girlfriend who i introduced him to by the way, and his life just seems perfect unlike mine, a single miserable guy, I feel cheated somehow.

One day, I realized there was something I could do to make him feel my pain. We’ve both had ideas for apps we’d been working on for a while, and T suggested that we infuse them both into one since they had the same functions.

He wanted a partnership, and he was sure it’ll bring us mad money. I was fine with the idea but I’ve secretly been building another one with similar details but better, cause I’ve always been smarter anyway.

I plan to anonymously pitch mine to the big guys we talked about pitching the joint one to behind his back for funding. But then again, I know he’d get back on his feet from that.

The tricky part of this whole thing is I slept with his fiancée recently. T has been travelling to Ibadan a lot this year to check on his sick dad cause he comes from a polygamous family and they’ve been having some drama.

I became his babe’s emotional confidant for a while…one thing led to another, we knacked in my car a month ago. I feel like a monster, cause i don’t understand how jealousy led me here

Do you have a similar dilemma to share? Send an email to tobehonestwithcnb@gmail.com to be featured on #tobehonestwithCnB

Total
0
Shares