Rants Corner
Follow
Sign Up for Our Newsletters

#TBH: My Boyfriend’s ‘H’ Factor is Embarrassing Me But I Love Him

dating-in-lagos-chatsandbanter

Welcome! You’re reading #TBH, a series of dilemmas ranging from love, sex, money and all things sticky sent for candid advice.

Today’s entry seeks advice for a babe struggling with the way her boyfriend speaks.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

At first, it was cute and I was smitten by his fine face and fun personality. But every time we go out on dates or hang out with my friends, somebody’s always making a joke about him saying “Houtside” or even worse pronouncing my name as “Hadeola” instead of Adeola.

We met at a friend’s wedding last year and we’ve been dating for over a year now. I was in a bad mood that day and I caught him staring at me at different points. After a while, he came over to my table and used some horrible pickup lines that made me smile and laugh more than I wanted to.

dating-in-lagos-chatsandbanter

Since then, he has become the most important person in my life. He plans the perfect dates, surprises me with gifts, supports me emotionally and the sex is amazing! Like, the best I’ve ever had o. When I lost my 9-5 job three months into our relationship, he invested in me and paid for everything I used to start my event planning business.

And yes, I know what you’re thinking. If I heard it before we got together, why does it bother me now?

Well, I used to make fun of people that have the ‘h’ factor before I started dating him and I think my friends making fun of him makes me feel insecure about it. Plus on our wedding day, what if he says ‘Hi do” or “Hin sickness and Hin health” ?

Sometimes, I shut him up with a kiss when we’re gisting just so I won’t hear it. What should I do? I can’t break up with him…that’ll just mean I’m a shallow person.

Do you have a similar dilemma to share? Send an email to tobehonestwithcnb@gmail.com to be featured on #tobehonestwithCnB

Read More…

Total
0