Rants Corner
Follow
Sign Up for Our Newsletters

Dealing With Disappointments: The Ultimate “We Move” Guide

dealing-with-disappointment-chatsandbanter

If there’s one thing life is great at, it’s reminding us of how we have little or no control as to how it takes its course. For this simple reason, disappointments exist. Whether it’s our daily expectations or in groundbreaking moments, it’s inevitable.

how-to-deal-with-disappointment-chatsandbanter

In other words, the human experience is flawed with disappointments, but it’s not always negative. Without a doubt, it feels awful and unfair when it’s felt but a “what if” question should be asked. From relationship tussles to dreams being shattered ever so slightly, there’s always a silver lining.

So if you’ve just gotten some unsettling news or you’re just trying to protect your feelings, we’ve got you covered.

Check out 5 ways to handle disappointments…

1. Feel your Feelings

We’re all human and it’s okay to feel your emotions as deeply as you want to when they come. If you need to cry, yell or be numb for a while, then you should take your time to. It’s important to process what has happened and how it’s affecting you but the one thing you shouldn’t do is dwell on why you were disappointed.

2. Ask the “What If” Question

This is how you take the power back from a disappointment experienced. It involves affirming yourself by looking at the possible positives as to why what you wanted didn’t happen. Think of factors like time, and how what you thought you needed so bad wasn’t even for you in the first place.

3. Practice Self Acceptance

When you’ve gotten some perspective on what has happened, remind yourself of your best qualities or current achievements. Basically, remind yourself of how awesome you are and how much life still has to offer and how much it has in store for you.

4. Dust Yourself Up

It’s time to pick up the pieces of your life and move on from the disappointment. How do you do this? It’s a simple process but not an easy one. You have to start out by managing your level of expectations moving forward when you’re setting goals. Take the lessons you’ve learnt and use them as motivators for your next adventure.

5. Try Again

If you really want to enjoy the human experience, be brave enough to fail or take an L! But never settle with what you’re left with. Dare to go after that job, love or personal goal again with every fiber of your being. Be determined to attain all you can, and realistic enough to know you cannot have it all!

Total
0
Shares
Related Posts