Fintech has become one of the fastest-growing industries in Africa, having about 14 investments in Q3 2012 and 11 in Q2 2020.
Naturally, Fintech refers to businesses that use technology to enhance or automate financial services and processes, serving both B2C and B2B markets.
Today, we will be highlighting the top 5 Fintech companies in the startups community of Africa to watch out for in 2021.
1. Chipper (formerly chipper cash). Total funding in 2020; $22 million
2. Flutterwave (stripe for Africa). Total funding in 2020; $64.5 million
3. Swipe Technologies. Total funding in 2020; $150k
4. Aella Credit. Total funding in 2020; $10 million
5. Inclusivity Solutions. Total funding in 2020; $ 1.3 million
While this list is strictly our own list of the top 5 Fintech startups to watch out for in 2021, there are a whole lot of other startups out there who are breaking and making great tides in the African market.
If you think there are others who deserve to be on the list, drop your comments below and let us know what you think.